We Respect Your Right to Privacy and Your Right to Control Your Personal Information
What personal details do you need to know?
The minimum of information we ask for your use of The Gateway Advantage’s Site and Club as a Member are your name, street address, telephone number, and email address, and the names of your guests. We also require a credit card to charge membership fees and any food, beverage, products, and services you purchase at The Gateway Advantage (including any gratuity you pre-authorize). When you visit our website, our site analytics provider collects your IP address and browser (aggregated with our other users). Applicants to become a Member of the Club provide various Personal Information used to determine their qualifications for membership. As you use the Club, we keep a record of your reservations and purchases.
When is my information given out?
Your personal details, other than your credit card number, are visible to The Gateway Advantage’s customer service and management personnel but not to other Members, guests or third parties. Your Club membership application materials are only visible to the Membership Committee, those who interview you for membership, and Club management. We do not store your credit card information, except for the last four digits of your card for ease of reference to your card on file. Your credit card information is maintained by a PCCI compliant third party processor. Your membership application records are stored on our secure servers with industry standard encryption.
Does The Gateway Advantage sell my information to third parties?
We do not sell or lend any of your Personal Information to third parties without your prior consent except under the narrow guidelines stated in this Policy (for example disclosure to service providers working for us). We have not sold any Personal Information of any site User in the last twelve months. We do not sell Personal Information.
What do you use my personal details for?
- Security. We use your name and email address to securely confirm your identity.
- Processing Transactions and Requests. We use your Personal Information to process your applications, transactions, inquiries and requests; and communicate with you regarding the status of your applications, transactions, inquiries, and requests, such as reservations. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or text message. You will have the right to unsubscribe from our notification services at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be deleted from our mailing and telephone lists.
- Improving our Club and Site. We may use your Personal Information, such as purchasing history, to enhance the services we offer at the Club, and to personalize your experience at the Club. We use your IP address and browser information (aggregated with other users) to improve our Site and better understand and serve our users.
- Providing Information. We may deliver information that is targeted to your interests, such as event offerings, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site and Club. By accepting The Gateway Advantage Website Policies, you expressly agree to receive this information. You may make changes to your email notification preferences at any time by logging into your account on our site and clicking Member Dashboard and “Your Interests” (and de-selecting any unwanted communication subjects) or by contacting email@example.com and asking to be deleted from our mailing lists.
- Using Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we provide to you (e.g., credit card processing services, search technology, email support) and therefore we may provide some of your Personal Information directly to these internal service providers who follow industry standard security policies and are obliged to keep your information confidential.
- Analytics. The Gateway Advantage uses the services of site analytics providers to analyze traffic and usage on the Site. In the course of providing services, such companies may have access to users’ IP addresses on an aggregated basis. We do not make any effort to match IP addresses with other Personal Information.
- Law Enforcement. The Gateway Advantage cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and The Gateway Advantage Site. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose Personal Information about you.
- Unintended Access. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your Personal Information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. In case of a data breach, we would promptly notify our Members and website users as well as law enforcement.
- Acquisition. In the event of a merger or acquisition, your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring entity, and become subject to the acquirer’s data practices.
What information do you obtain from guests and how do you store and use it?
If come to Club at The Gateway Advantage, we ask for guest names, a telephone number and an email address, in case we need to contact you. When you arrive at the club, we ask for identification to compare to the booking name. The identification is not copied or kept. Credit cards are not taken online and must be called in, where they are immediately entered into our PCCI-compliant payment processor system where only the last 4 digits are stored on our servers. If a third party has agreed to pay for charges, a Credit Card Authorization form must be printed, signed, and emailed to us, showing only the last four digits of the card, with the full number having to be called in and entered into our payment processor system. The Credit Card Authorization contains a name, signature, and authorized amount, plus the last four digits of the card. Copies of these Authorizations are stored on our secure servers. Information obtained from guests and payors are only used as necessary to secure, pay for and provide guest services. We do not use Personal Information given to the hotel for marketing or any other purposes. All information gathered by the Club (except for full credit card information) is stored on our secure servers with industry-standard encryption.
What Personal Information do you collect for Private Events at The Gateway Advantage and how do you store and use that information?
When someone hosts an event at The Gateway Advantage, we obtain the following information from the host: host member name, company name, contact person name (e.g. event manager), contact phone, contact email, credit card of host, names of guests, food allergies or health/accommodation issues. Credit card information is entered directly into our PCCI-compliant payment processor system and only the last four digits are stored on our secure servers along with other event information. Event information other than credit card numbers is entered into third party event management software such as Total Party Planner. We only use the information we collect to conduct the Event. We do not use the information for marketing activities and we do not disclose it to third parties, except to the very limited extent necessary for equipment and supply rentals.
Will I be added to any mailing lists?
Do you send unsolicited emails?
The Gateway Advantage will not send any unsolicited information, including email. You will, however receive emails which form an essential part of the Club. You will have the right to unsubscribe from our email services at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be deleted from our mailing lists.
How will I be notified of changes?
We may amend The Gateway Advantage Website Policies at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site. All amended terms shall automatically be effective immediately after posting on the Site.
How do I contact you?
What are my Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (effective 1/1/20)?
What is Personal Information. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) defines your Personal Information broadly as information that “identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Just a few examples include name address, IP address, email address, personal identification numbers, purchase records, biometric information, browsing and search history, geolocation data and much more.
How to Request a Copy of Your Personal Information. Please make your request to email@example.com or call our toll-free number 619-569-3448.
How to Make Deletion Requests. To have your Personal Information deleted from our systems, please make your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll-free number 619-569-3448. Certain information cannot be deleted if you intend to continue using the Club, such as your name, your credit card on file, your email address, your telephone number and your mailing address.
Non-Discrimination. We do not discriminate against any site users who exercise their rights under the CCPA or other data privacy laws.
Additional Privacy Policies of The Gateway Advantage
The management of The Gateway Advantage also has access to members’ information described herein for the purposes of inclusion of members in the programming of The Gateway Advantage (e.g. invitations to events, updates on grantees). The The Gateway Advantage will not sell, share or trade member’s or donor’s names or Personal Information with any other entity, nor send mailings on behalf of other organizations. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. We only store the last four digits of credit card numbers. Additionally, The Gateway Advantage undergoes an annual audit which requires the disclosure of a sampling of donors’ Personal Information for the purposes of verifying donations made. Donors information is only shared with our contracted auditing firm for the purposes of completion of an accurate audit.
How Long is Information Kept?
The Gateway Advantage has a Record Retention Policy and Schedule (“Policy”) which calls for the deletion of routine business information on a periodic basis according to the type of record and the department that generates it. Our Directors and Managers are responsible for periodic record deletion in accordance with the Policy. Some important legal documents are retained permanently as required by the Policy. Many records are deleted after one year.
How can I have my Personal Information Deleted from your Records or Corrected?
To delete your Personal Information from our records, or to request corrections to your Personal Information, please contact email@example.com. Certain information cannot be deleted if you intend to continue using the Club, such as your name, your credit card on file, your email address, your telephone number and your mailing address.
How can I get a copy of my Personal Information from you?
If you would like a copy of your Personal Information on file with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What would you do in case of a data breach?
If The Gateway Advantage experienced a data breach, we would take emergency measures to secure our systems, then promptly notify all users of The Gateway Advantage that a data breach had occurred, providing all appropriate information to enable individuals to protect their privacy and any affected accounts, and providing contact information for questions. We would then remove further threats of breach to the best of our ability with the help of our professional and technical advisors. We would also notify all applicable law enforcement of the data breach and cooperate with any investigation.